With the increasing number of countries that are starting to legalize the use of marijuana both recreationally and medically, more and more CBD products are being released that are tailored to help the aging population. According to several studies, the CBD contains anti-aging properties that may help treat and relieve the symptoms of illnesses related to aging.
Benefits of CBD for the Elderly
Here are some of the many ways that the seniors can benefit from the regular use of CBD products:
- Relieve Pain – Cannabis has long been known to be an effective pain reliever and is, in fact, even better than most OTC pain relief medications. Several studies have shown that the CBD can help treat arthritis and nerve pain and these are two of the most common disorders that seniors tend to suffer from.
- Improve Bone Health – In some studies, cannabis use has been shown to help treat bone fractures and improve bone health. Thanks to its inflammatory properties, the CBD can also be used in treating multiple sclerosis, which is especially common among the elders.
- Are Soothing and Energizing – The CBD helps promote a feeling of energy and tends to act against inertia. It also provides soothing relief, which the seniors can greatly benefit from. The product works by strengthening the cells in the body which results in a complete regeneration of body cells.
- Help with Insomnia and Sleep Disorders – The older that people get, the more difficult it is to achieve a good night sleep, and this is another aspect with which the CBD can help. CBD has the ability to extend the deep sleep phase, which improves the quality of sleep and prevents lighter sleep phases.
- Prevent Alzheimer’s and Dementia – There’s an emerging trend that’s being studied about the use of marijuana in treating the onset of Alzheimer’s diseases. Studies show that cannabinoids, which is an extension of CBD, may help eleminate the toxic protein that’s linked to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Using CBD for Seniors
More and more elderly patients have now relied on the use of CBD in treating some of their illnesses in favor of prescription drugs. However, there are still many seniors who are not aware of the proper way to use medical cannabis in treating their illnesses and improve their quality of living.
CBD has little to no side effects, which makes it an ideal medication for seniors. It can be used as supplement or replacement to the various prescription medicines that usually come with side effects.
CBD is now available in a wide range of products from pills, oils, tinctures, sprays, edibles, salves, and more. With CBD oils and tinctures, the product can be swallowed directly or can be absorbed by the tongue. The wide range of CBD products makes consuming and dosing with CBD easy for most seniors. It’s best to choose a product that’s suitable for the senior’s lifestyle and needs.