It’s that time of the year when we can all admit to feeling a bit worn-out after having worked hard throughout the year, and like most people, you’re probably looking forward to a rejuvenating and much-deserved vacation.
However, before you can enjoy the holidays you might want to give your skin a bit of a pick-me-up so that the sleepless nights, early mornings and coffee-fuelled long days don’t show on your face while you’re socializing.
One of the best ingredients that you can use to rejuvenate your face is cannabis, a plant that’s been proven to have anti-inflammatory qualities that are very beneficial to the skin. That’s why we were so excited when we came across a cannabis and yogurt face mask that aims to harness these skin healing properties and create a refreshing and soothing skincare solution.
Read on to find out how this mask works and how you can make it at home.
Benefits of This Type of Mask
Simply put, what makes this mask great is the fact that it combines all the right ingredients. First you’ve got a moisturizing yogurt base which contains skin-brightening lactic acid.
Second, you’ve got turmeric which contains the curcumin compound that’s known for boosting the skin’s natural collagen production. This will leave your skin feeling firmer, smoother and brighter.
Also contained in this mask is raw honey and if you’re a skincare aficionado then you’ll know that raw honey can be used to heal the skin. That’s why some people use it to remove acne scars and brighten the complexion after a rigorous travelling schedule. Honey will also smooth fine wrinkle lines thanks to its amazing enzymes.
Lastly, you’ve got THC-infused coconut oil which has anti-fungal and moisturizing properties that will make your skin feel as radiant and as smooth as a baby’s bottom.
So here’s the recipe that you’ll be using to make this amazing cannabis and yogurt face mask with ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt (preferably full-fat)
- ½ teaspoon of cannabis-infused coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of raw honey (hopefully from your local bee keeper)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
How to make it:
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients until you have a paste with a nice and smooth consistency.
- After washing your face and waiting for it to dry, generously apply the paste all over your face and don’t forget the under-eye area which tends to show stress and sleepless nights the most.
- Leave the mask on for about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Rinse your face and follow up with any cleansing face wash that you normally use.
- Your skin should look and feel absolutely rejuvenated and ready to take on the holidays!
Extra Pro Tip! Get an old piece of clothing and place it around your neck while applying the mask to avoid getting any drippings onto your clothes as that may lead to some difficult stains.