Making your own cannabis bath salts is easy and is a great way to save money. For this DIY bath salt, you’ll be using cannabis oil, which you can also prepare on your own. You will surely love the invigorating lemony scent of these citrus bath salts. These salts are also very relaxing and that’s because of the presence of cannabis-infused oils. You can make the salts for your own personal use or give it as gifts to friends and loved ones!
Using Cannabis Infused Oils
As mentioned, you will need cannabis-infused oil to make your own cannabis bath salts. There are now plenty of cannabis oils that you can buy but if you want to save more money, consider making your own cannabis oil. When making your own oil, you can use the same ingredients as you would with the cannabis edibles. If you have some vape leftovers, you can use that as well.
If you’re making the oil using your toasty vape leftovers, you need to use about twice as many cannabis as you would normally use when preparing cannabis oil. Others would also use the oil in cooking. However, some users complain that it produces a somewhat strange taste that could lead to a headache. As such, you might as well just use the oil in making your own bath salts.
So here’s how to make DIY cannabis bath salts:
- First of all, you need to prepare your ingredients. For this DIY cannabis bath salt, you’ll need the following:
- Epsom salts
- Orange and lemon
- Cannabis-infused oil
- Essential oils (combination of orange, lime, lemon, or bergamot)
- Next, use a grater to remove the zest from your lemon and orange. The zest is basically the outer part of the fruit where the essential oils and the color can be obtained from. It is the zest that gives color to the salt. Plus, the lemony scent makes the salt even more invigorating. Stop grating when you reach the inner white pith of the fruits.
- In a bowl, pour four cups of the Epsom salts and add the lemon and orange zest. Pour 1/4 cup of your cannabis oil and then add 20 drops of the essential oil that you have chosen. Wear rubber gloves and mix all ingredients well with your hands.
- Finally, store your bath salts in a covered jar and place them in your bathroom. Simply use about 1 cup of the salts per bath for a refreshing and invigorating bathing experience!
Things to Keep in Mind
Remember that these cannabis bath salts have moisturizing oil in them since they are made with cannabis-infused oils. While this may be a good thing since it helps to moisturize your skin, they can also make your tub a bit slippery. Therefore, exercise caution when applying the salt during bath time. The excess salts will linger in the tub and they can be slippery when you step on them.