Most cannabis users are wine enthusiasts as well so it only makes sense that cannabis-infused wine is such a big hit in the cannabis community. However, if you’ve seen the cannabis-infused wine being sold at marijuana establishments then you know that it can get quite expensive.
But why buy a cannabis-infused wine when you can make it on your own at home? It’s actually quite a simple process and we’re going to provide you with a step-by-step guide to make sure that you get it right.
The first thing you want to do when making cannabis-infused wine is to take your best wine glasses out because the good times are about to roll. Okay, jokes aside. We’re going to share with you one of the simplest and best methods that you can follow to make your own cannabis-infused wine.
Tea Bag Infused Cannabis Wine
The “teabag” method allows you to infuse the wine with good-quality cannabis that’s tucked into tea bag cheesecloth. Much like a tea bag infuses a cup of hot water with its tea leaves.
- 1 bottle of dry red wine (or dry white depending on your preferences)
- 20 to 25 grams of your preferred strain of cannabis in the form of either trims or buds
- A baking sheet
- Tin foil
- Decarboxylate your weed in order to activate all those feel-good THC compounds present within the plant. You’ll do this by crushing the bud onto a few sheets of tin foil, wrap them up, and place them onto the baking sheet. Switch your oven on to 230°F (110°C), toss the baking sheet in there and leave it to bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Take your weed out of the oven, remove it from the tin foil immediately to avoid any moisture retention, and place it into a grinder so you can grind it up finely.
- Hold your cheesecloth as though it were a pouch and place the ground up weed into it. Twist and tie the cheesecloth into a tight knot. You should have a nice giant cheesecloth teabag which you must now submerge into your wine bottle.
- Replace the wine cork and leave the bottle to infuse in the fridge for 24 hours. Make sure to shake up the wine every few hours while it’s in the fridge to help the alcohol extract the flavors and compounds in the cannabis.
- Once the 24 hours is up, take the wine out of the fridge, open the cork and remove the cheesecloth from the bottle. Then, squeeze any leftover wine out of the cheesecloth teabag in order to make sure that you’re getting a really powerful canna-infused vine.
- Remember those wine glasses we mentioned earlier? Now’s the time to break one out and pour yourself a delicious glass of your homemade cannabis-infused wine. Enjoy!