Have you considered the idea of making cannabis-infused vodka? Now that a number of states in the US have decided to legalize cannabis use, infusing cannabis with alcohol is slowly becoming a trend. If you need inspiration for cannabis-infused vodka, here are two easy recipes that you can follow.
Easy Cannabis Vodka Recipe
This method is super easy. It’s ideal for those who don’t have the time to go through the complicated process of preparing cannabis-infused vodka. It simply requires steeping the cannabis in vodka for a certain time while monitoring the temperature closely. Alcohol will normally start to evaporate at 80ºC, so make sure that you keep the heat nice and low.
- 250 ml vodka
- 1 to 3 grams of cannabis (dried or fresh)
- Set the double boiler to the lowest heat setting possible.
- Chop or grind the cannabis and wrap into cheesecloth to come up with a small package.
- Pour the vodka into the double boiler and add the cannabis wrapped in cheesecloth.
- Let the cannabis infuse for two to three hours. You can use a thermometer to check that the temperature of the vodka doesn’t go more than 60ºC.
- Take the cannabis from the boiler and pour the vodka into a glass container. Let the liquid cool before sealing.
- Store the sealed vodka into a dark place.
Honey-Flavored Vodka Recipe
This second method makes use of cannabis-infused honey. To prepare the honey, you must first extract the terpenes and cannabinoids from the cannabis with the use of coconut oil. Then blend the oil and honey together. Make sure to set the temperature low during the extraction so as to prevent the cannabinoids or terpenes from being burned.
- 2 grams dried and decarboxylated cannabis buds
- 150-gram honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 500 ml vodka
- Start by preparing your cannabis honey. For this, grind your cannabis and place it into a mason jar along with the coconut oil.
- Seal the jar and place in the water bath. Leave it to sit under low heat for about two hours in order to extract the cannabis into the oil.
- When the extraction is over, strain the oil into the cheesecloth in order to remove some pieces of cannabis flowers. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the cloth.
- Add the cannabis-infused oil into the honey and mix together.
- Pour the vodka and mix well. Place into a bottle and store in a dark place.
Tips to Keep in Mind
These days, mixing cannabis and alcohol has become a trend, especially during parties and social gatherings. But it’s important to note that this can have negative effects. While the strains of cannabis vary in terms of the amount of CBD and THC, most contain at least a certain amount of concentration of each component. As you know, cannabis could get you high while alcohol can make you drunk. Mixing both may lead to negative consequences. Therefore, exercise caution when consuming these cocktail drinks.