Whether you are cutting back on consumption or if you simply want cannabis to turn up negative in a standard urine test or any other kind of drug test, know that there are ways to remove weed more quickly from your system, so don’t worry (too much).
The Deciding Factors
It wouldn’t make any sense to say that there is one clean and straightforward method for cleansing weed from anyone’s system. People have unique metabolisms and physiologies, and the interactions that take place after the combustion and subsequent inhalation of weed all affect the length of time needed by the body to remove cannabis’ metabolites.
11-Nor-9-carboxy-9-tetrahydrocannabinol or THC-COOH has been noted by many studies as persistent many days after a person’s last use. In one study published in the Journal of Analytical Toxicology where 6158 urine samples were studied after 24-hour abstinence from weed, 60 persons, presumably heavy users, still turned up positive for THC-COOH after thirty days.
From all the data that is available to us, we can say that the chances of clearing weed quickly from your urine or blood serum, or even hair, will really depend on your metabolism, physiology, and the volume of weed that you have consumed thus far in your life. We have to remember that THC and THC-COOH are both fat-soluble, and your total body fat has a bearing, too, on the duration of ‘stay’ of these metabolites.
Another important factor here is how healthy you are, generally, healthy individuals have great metabolism and their livers and kidneys are not sluggish, meaning; they are able to get rid of toxins and byproducts from food and other sources more quickly.
Here are some ways that you can begin removing the traces of weed in your system.
- Exercise more frequently. Exercising improves your metabolism and also aids in the detoxification of the body. Exercise also burns fat, which releases the molecules that bind to your fat tissues. This will help flush out THC through urine and possibly even through your sweat.
- Some supplements that improve kidney care are actually diuretics, and they focus on improving the removal of water from the body. Consult with your doctor if these supplements are alright for you, before trying them.
- Abstain from taking any more weed. Don’t take even one blunt, because that is going to cut your chances of coming out clean in any drug test, whether standard or home kit.
- Research about home detoxification kits that are made for people who wish to cleanse themselves of traces of weed. These home detoxification kits are reportedly made to improve both kidney and liver function, and may support your detoxification on the whole.
- Consume food that is kidney and liver-friendly. Improving the function of both your kidneys and liver are good for your detox efforts.
- Make sure that you are always well-hydrated. Drink the recommended eight cups of water per day or more, so you will keep peeing out the THC and THC-COOH from your system.
- Take your B-vitamins more regularly to help improve your urine quality and to turn your urine yellow again. This may help mask the metabolites.